[Samba] Tunning samba for better read performance

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Nov 19 02:28:44 MST 2014

well, Im betting its not samba's problem but can try.

I suggest first you try the win 7 speed changes, and change the UTP Cable first and put the device on an other swich port.
My guest, its the cable..

and here is my smb.conf. pretty basic.

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = INTERNAL
        realm = INTERNAL.DOMAIN.TLD
        netbios name = DC1
        server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbin                                                                                                                               d, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate

        interfaces = 127.0.0.1 192.168.1.1/24
        bind interfaces only = yes
        time server = yes
        wins support = yes

##---- disable printing completely
        load printers = no
        printing = bsd
        printcap name = /dev/null
        disable spoolss = yes

[netlogon]
        path = /home/samba/sysvol/internal.domain.tld/scripts
        read only = No
        acl_xattr:ignore system acl = yes

[sysvol]
        path = /home/samba/sysvol