[Samba] Samba 4 Restrict User Create

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 17 13:56:03 MST 2014

On 17/11/14 20:21, Greg Zartman wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 9:36 AM, Bo Kersey <bo at vircio.com> wrote:
>
>> Greg,
>> Couldn't you use /etc/skel to create the Maildirs when a users homedir is
>> created?
>>
> I think /etc/skel is very similar to what we are using with our
> configuration templating system.
>
> What would call /etc/skel when a user is created with AD?

As far as I know, nothing. The only ways I know of using /etc/skel, are,
by using '-m' with the useradd command, by adding 'pam_mkhomedir' to the
pam stack and I believe, you can get the homedir created when the user
logs in via the GUI. All of these require the user to login to the
server, which by the way, is not recommended.

Rowland