[Samba] Samba 4 Restrict User Create

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sat Nov 15 16:21:23 MST 2014

Hello Greg,

Am 16.11.2014 um 00:06 schrieb Greg Zartman:
>> I still don't understand, what the goal is, you want to reach with your
>> request.
>
> Centos can't properly handle users created in the active directory by RSAT
> for certain services like qmail without additional Intervention on the
> server.  Until it can, I was looking at ways to block RSAT.

We are moving closer. Slowly, but closer.

I have never used qmail. But I use my Samba AD as backend for postfix on
RHEL7 (before RHEL6) and it doesn't matter on which DC I create users.
Postfix and around 10-15 other Linux based services query one of the DCs
to get their information.

I still don't understand what is wrong and guess it's a misconfiguration
and not a problem of Centos, qmail or something else.

Please give us a _complete_ description of the situation and the
problem. It would really help us, to help you.

Regards,
Marc