[Samba] Samba 4 "Trigger" when user is created???

Greg Zartman gzartman at koozali.org
Fri Nov 14 13:23:55 MST 2014

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 1:40 AM, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:

> I agree we can improve in this area.  We wouldn't match AD any more -
> all the servers would have to be matching Samba servers - but we should
> do better.  Ideally we would re-use the existing option, to keep things
> consistent.

Thanks for the insight Andrew.

It would seem that the best way for a project like SME Server to deal with
this in the short term is to block RSAT management of the Active Directory.

We really can't have half baked users showing up on the system.  Others
have suggested scanning the AD and checking for new users ever so often,
but this just doesn't seem like a solution.

--
Greg J. Zartman
Board Member

Koozali SME Server

SME Server user and community member since 2000