[Samba] duplicate sids against classicupgrade

Pisch Tamás pischta at gmail.com
Thu May 22 07:29:48 MDT 2014

Hi,

I have a working Samba3 domain with 3.6 servers. Samba runs on Debian
Wheezy and has openldap backend. I'm going to upgrade to Sernet Samba 4.1.
I copied the pdc to a virtual machine to test the upgrade process.
According to the wiki I cannot have duplicate sids, but I have about
fourty. It seems they are the same that the net groupmap list command gives.
Some smb.conf parameters:
ldap idmap suffix = ou=idmap
idmap config * : default = yes
idmap config * : range = 10000-20000
idmap config * : backend = ldap
idmap config * : ldap_base_dn = ou=Idmap,dc=my,dc=site

net groupmap list
Domain Users (S-1-....-513) -> Domain Users
How can I eliminate the duplicate entries?

Thanks,

Tamas.