[Samba] MS Remote Desktop issue related to Samba 4 ?

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Wed May 14 04:03:43 MDT 2014

Am 14.05.2014 09:47, schrieb Andreas Oster:
> I have just recognized, that if I shutdown samba4 on the DC, the client
> is currently connected to, the login suddenly proceeds from the welcome
> screen where it would otherwise have remained forever. I have tested it
> with all three DCs and it is always the same result.
>
> Do you have an idea what could be the cause of the problem, or can you
> propose how I can troubleshoot in more detail ?

Just to make sure, that I've fully understand your situation: You try
logging into a workstation via RDP using a domain account. The login
process hangs forever until you shutdown the samba process of the DC,
that handles the login? If you shut down Samba, the login continues and
you get successfully logged in with RDP?

Regards,
Marc