[Samba] recycle: ... returned No such file or directory

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Sat May 10 00:32:00 MDT 2014

Hallo, Linda,

Du meintest am 09.05.14:

>> I have following settings in my smb4.conf
>> [ ... ]
>>   # Charset
>>   unix charset       = UTF-8
>>   dos charset        = cp1252

> BTW -- are you really using DOS?? Setting that for Windows NT might
> cause problems.

> Only charset param I have in my smb.conf(3.6.22) is:
> display charset=UTF-8

Just for the record:

        grep charset /etc/samba/smb.conf

tells on my system (since many years, from 3.0.x to now 4.1.6)

        dos charset = CP1252

and

        testparm -sv 2>/dev/null | grep charset

tells

        dos charset = CP1252
        unix charset = UTF-8

The unix charset is (as "testparm -sv" tells) pr-set to UTF-8

And this configuration has since many years no problems with umlauts in
pathes or filenames.

What does your option "display charset"?

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut