[Samba] Auth fail getpwuid(3000007) failed

Leander Schäfer info at netocean.de
Sat May 3 08:25:43 MDT 2014

It seems to work without winbindd - clients are connecting. Where would
I usually run into trouble without it, since I run a standalone server?
/var/log/messages and the samba logs don't seem to complain - even
though it is a bit hard to tell with samba logs, since samba is flippn
freaking noisy - or lets rather say: the logs are not intuitively
transparent ;)

Since it is a standalone setup - according to my understanding it should
also not be required to define

dns forwarder   = ${My_Primary_DNS_Server}

but it should be

server role        = standalone server

in my smb4.conf, right?

Thanks