[Samba] winbind bug?

Chan Min Wai dcmwai at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 09:17:27 MDT 2014

Hi Doug,

>From my understand

You cannot have any duplication idmap range.
Each AD will need a different range
the * --> Other also need to be in different range.

And I believes that is the reason why winbind follow the number strictly.
So you don't overlap any idmap number and confuse the samba server.

What happen if you have 2 AD DC with the same idmap range...

I believes that you will have to change either one.

Hope this help.