[Samba] Command To Display Authenticated User Status

David Bear dwbear75 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 09:29:08 MDT 2014

You may also consider setting up a central syslog server and having your 6
DC's forward their logging events to the syslog server and then greping
through those logs. Thats one way to correlate log files from many
different systems.

You may also consider doing something with the salt stack -- it may be
possible to execute the same commands on all DC's  at the same time. But I
think a central syslog would be a better way to go.

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 1:57 PM, Marc Muehlfeld <samba at marc-muehlfeld.de>wrote:

> Am 17.03.2014 20:56, schrieb lp101:
>
>       My apologies.  From the Domain Controller itself. I'm currently
>> using "log level = 0" in my smb.conf file. I have 6 DC's and I would
>> like to verify if users are authenticating against their local DC and
>> not going over our WAN link. Using Ubuntu 12.04 with Samba 4.1.5. I
>> would prefer not to do this from the actual workstation.
>>

> You can increase the loglevel and grep through the logs. I think there's
> no other way to find this out atm.
>

> Regards,
> Marc
>

> --