[Samba] sysvol replication with glusterfs?

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Fri Mar 14 15:24:52 MDT 2014

Am 14.03.2014 22:02, schrieb Andrew Bartlett:

>> I'm trying ocfs2, seems to work...
>
> As I try to say often and clearly:
>
> Do not combine a cluster file system with the Samba AD DC.  Cluster file
> systems require CTDB, and CTDB and the AD DC do not co-exist.

I had added Andrews statement already a while ago to the SysVol
Replication HowTo:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/SysVol_Replication#FAQ

@Andrew:
What is the current state of SysVol replication? Has someone start
working on that project? Maybe it's something for GSoC? But I think it's
one of the most missing features - expecially for those who can't use
rsync because of a Win/*nix mixed environment.

Regards,
Marc