[Samba] Join as DC requires libacl, not avail on Solaris

Thomas Schulz schulz at adi.com
Thu Mar 6 22:17:21 MST 2014

>>> Good news and bad news. Both git master and 4.1.5 configure say
>>> Using solaris ACLs, but both builds fail. The git master fails with:
>>>
>>> [3341/3836] Linking default/source4/nbt_server/libldb-wins-ldb.so
>>> [3342/3836] Linking default/source4/heimdal_build/samba4kgetcred
>>> Undefined			first referenced
>>>  symbol  			in file
>>> libintl_gettext               default/source4/heimdal/kuser/kgetcred_140.o
>>> libintl_bindtextdomain        default/source4/heimdal_build/libkrb5-samba4.so
>>> libintl_dgettext              default/source4/heimdal_build/libkrb5-samba4.so
>>> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
>>> /home/projects/tools/samba/testmaster/bin/default/source4
>>> /heimdal_build/samba4kgetcred
>>>
>>> And 4.1.5 fails with:
>>>
>>> [3290/3813] Linking default/source4/heimdal_build/libheimntlm-samba4.so
>>> [3291/3813] Linking default/source4/heimdal_build/samba4kinit
>>> Undefined			first referenced
>>>  symbol  			in file
>>> libintl_gettext               default/source4/heimdal/kuser/kinit_138.o
>>> libintl_textdomain            default/source4/heimdal/kuser/kinit_138.o
>>> libintl_bindtextdomain        default/source4/heimdal/kuser/kinit_138.o
>>> libintl_dgettext              default/source4/heimdal_build/libkrb5-samba4.so
>>> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
>>> /home/projects/tools/samba/samba-4.1.5.i386gcc.2pt/bin/default/source4
>>> /heimdal_build/samba4kinit
>>
>> Thanks.  We just need a dependency on 'intl' in a few more spots, and
>> then we will be done!  In the meantime, try --without-gettext.
>
> Please try the attached patch, which should fix it properly by linking
> intl into these binaries.
>
> Andrew Bartlett

I did not yet try --without-gettext because I saw the email with the patch
at the same time. I applied the patch but I got exactly the same error
when building.

Well, enough for tonight, it is past midnight. I will check in the morning.

I hate to ask this, but if you could find a moment could you please take
a look at my email with the subject 'How stable are DNS records'.

Tom Schulz
Applied Dynamics Intl.
schulz at adi.com