[Samba] One way replication

Chan Min Wai dcmwai at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 02:02:40 MST 2014

Hi Thomas,

I recently run a cross something different...

The problem of the replicate sync problem is because of DNS.
Linux is unable to access to the GUID._msdc.DOMAIN

You can try this by samba interactivelly

# samba -i -d5

And check if you will see something like

dns child failed to find name _msdcs of type a
dreplsrv_op_pull_source(werr_badfile) for

If you do...

Add the ip and this name to your /etc/hosts

to see if that fix the issue..