[Samba] Permission issue writing to demo share

Lars Hanke debian at lhanke.de
Fri Jun 27 11:00:10 MDT 2014

>> [Demo]
>>         path = /srv/files/shares/Demo
>>         read only = no
>>> /etc/nsswitch.conf
>> passwd:         compat
>> group:          compat
>> shadow:         compat
>>
> This shows that your unix machine is not connecting to AD to find users
> or groups, you need to add windbind to the passwd & group lines

Just for clarification: This machine _is_ the AD DC!

I think to remember that it is not required for file share users to have
login permission to the file server. Am I wrong?

If not, does it mean that the coarse steps to set up a file server are:

1) install samba and join domain
2) install winbind and make sure domain users can log in
3) define a share and publish it in smb.conf

Regards,
  - lars.