[Samba] Join AD fails DNS update

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jun 25 02:03:40 MDT 2014

How did you look for the record?

I have seen this also yes.
When you look with the windows tools, try to refresh the screen first.
do you use the internal dns of bind for dns?
this happend for me with the bind dns.
i did fix it, but that was months ago, im try to remember, but ...  :-((

this also happens when you have a setup like this.

sambadomain.domain.tld

AND
dns of samba also manages : domain.tld.

now when you add a A record for sambadomain.domain.tld in domain.tld
this also cases this problem.

when this happend, you can check it als following.

1) look in the dns with the windows tools, you wil see all you dns records.
2) setup a bind slave for both zones, and check whats in these zones,
   you will see your missing lots of your dns records.

quick fix, reprovision you samba4 domain.
the other, ... still cant remember.. (sorry)

Greetz,

Louis

>>> 2. remove the A record on the DC