[Samba] How to manage users with encrypted passwords

Stéphane PURNELLE stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Thu Jun 12 07:01:39 MDT 2014

OK...

One ldap server with some data
One DC (samba 4) with auto creation/modify from ldap server.

For me, just do a script (scheduled with crontab) read information from
ldap
and use samba-tool for modify/create user

but you need to extract passwd from ldap server for use it in your script

regarsds

        Stéphane Purnelle

-----------------------------------
Stéphane PURNELLE                         Admin. Systèmes et Réseaux
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 (0)87/342467

samba-bounces at lists.samba.org wrote on 12/06/2014 14:55:14:

> De : Benjamin Rocton <Benjamin.Rocton at upmf-grenoble.fr>
> A : samba at lists.samba.org,
> Date : 12/06/2014 14:55
> Objet : Re: [Samba] How to manage users with encrypted passwords
> Envoyé par : samba-bounces at lists.samba.org
>
> I have two LDAP:
> One that contains all users and facts for the information system. Not
> only information for DC. _It is not____specified____or controlled____by
> me_, I only need to use the information it contains to create the right
> users in my domain.
> Another for samba3, with samba3 scheme. it will disappear when samba4
> will be in production. Currently it is synchronized with the first LDAP
> through LDAP scripts homemade.I would like to reproduce this behavior
> with samba4.
>

> Benjamin
>
> Le 12/06/2014 14:03, Rowland Penny a écrit :
> > On 12/06/14 12:46, Benjamin Rocton wrote:
> >> Thank you for your reply.
> >>
> >> I read the wiki about classiqueupgrade (this is the same as
> >> samba3upgrade).
> >> I have no problem to provision samba4 with classicupgrade. It works
> >> well and I get my users.
> >> My problem is "after". how I create new users, how do I delete old
> >> users. I will not re-provision with "classicupgrade" every night for
> >> a Samba4 updated.
> >> And I do not want this to be done manually on Samba4. There are too
> >> many changes.
> >> In summary:
> >> I have an LDAP repository (openldap) with a home regimen. It contains

> >> all the users and their encrypted passwords.
> >> I want to regularly update Samba4 with the information contained in
> >> the LDAP.
> >>
> >> I don't know if I'm clear. I don't speak English very well.
> >>
> >> Benjamin
> >>

> > I think that you are being very clear.
> >
> > Lets see if I get this correct:
> >
> > You have extracted all your users, groups and computers from your
> > openldap and by using 'classicupgrade', have inserted them into your
> > new samba4 AD DC.
> >
> > You still want to use your openldap machine AND the new samba4 AD dc,
> > why?????
> >
> > If the upgrade went correctly, turn off the openldap machine, you do
> > not need it anymore.
> >
> > Rowland

> style_domain_to_AD%29

Samba4.