[Samba] Rsync with folder redirection from samba share

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Wed Jun 11 07:51:04 MDT 2014

Hello James,

Am 11.06.2014 15:23, schrieb lp101:
> 1. Do I need to use " vfs objects = acl_xattr" if the share is on a AD
>    DC or is this only applicable on member servers?

No. Ext. attributes are automatically be enabled on Samba AD DC, because
it's at least required for the SysVol share. On Member Servers you have
to enable it per share or globally.

It allows you to use Windows ACLs.

> 2. Does "vfs objects = acl_xattr" need to be on the source, destination
>    or both shares?

If your source has it enabled (default on DCs), then the destination
must have this too. Otherwise the ACLs on the files/folders don't work
on the other machine.

Regards,
Marc