[Samba] limit samba page cache in linux

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sun Jun 8 02:50:09 MDT 2014

Am 08.06.2014 09:37, schrieb ajay kanala:
>> I am using linux kernel 3.10.12 (mips) on my embedded router box with
>> samba server version: 3.0.24
>
> Any pointers?

Normally I would first advice to upgrade to a Samba version that isn't 7
years old. But as this is a embedded system, the situation is a bit
different.

Kai Blin had a good presentation about Samba on µservers and the
problems with recent Samba versions this year at the SambaXP:
http://sambaxp.org/fileadmin/user_upload/SambaXP2014-AUDIO/thu/track1/sambaxp2014-thu-track1-Kai_Blin-uSamba-ScalingSambaDowntoMicroServers.mp3
http://sambaxp.org/fileadmin/user_upload/SambaXP2014-DATA/thu/track1/Kai_Blin-Samba-ScalingSambaDowntoMicroServers.pdf

Do you have the possibility to put a new Samba version on the box (maybe
cross-compile)? What hardware is in your router?

Regards,
Marc