[Samba] navigating to samba server by servername strangeness

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sat Jun 7 12:27:06 MDT 2014

Hello James,

Am 07.06.2014 18:47, schrieb James Okken:
>> this is version 3.0.25b on redhat 5.1 and unfortunately...
>
> I upgraded to version samba-3.0.33-3.40.el5_10 and still
> am seeing the same issue. Any ideas?

3.0.25 was published 6-April-2007
3.0.33 was published 27-November-2008

I think you should upgrade to a recent version first. Then it will be
easier to help and find out if it's a bug, etc. And you surely will get
answers here on the list.

Or maybe your distro vendor still provides support for that very very
very old version.

> [global]
>          hosts allow = ALL
>          workgroup = company.com
>          interfaces = lo bond1
>          security = share
>          guest account = root
>          guest ok = yes
>
> [fileserver1]
>          comment = share mirrored
>
>         path = /share/fileserver1
>         writeable = yes
>          browseable = yes
>          read only = no

This doesn't look like a very complex Samba setup. So maybe it is
possible to lift this up to 4.1 easily.

Regards,
Marc