[Samba] Testing samba4 connection on Windows

Matt Fippard matt.fippard at nakedwines.com
Thu Jun 5 06:43:16 MDT 2014

On 05/06/2014 13:26, Klaus Hartnegg wrote:
> Am 05.06.2014 10:23, schrieb Koenraad Lelong:
>> Unfortunately, when I try to register a Win7 PC, the domain is not
>> found.
>
> Did you set the registry keys in Win7, that are required to join a samba
> domain?
>
> HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters
> "DomainCompatibilityMode"=dword:00000001
> "DNSNameResolutionRequired"=dword:00000000

I don't think these keys are necessary anymore for a Samba4 ADDC, at
least I have had success with out using them as the new samba emulates
2003R2 domain and not NT4.
 From the wiki
'This changes are only necessary if you want to join a Windows7 and
later or Server 2008 and later to a Samba NT4-style domain!

It's not required and not recommended if you run Samba as AD DC! '

Matt F