[Samba] Question(s) about user mapping

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Fri Jul 18 15:15:54 MDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-07-18 at 20:12 +0000, Jon Yeargers wrote:
> So there isn't a way for samba to use SSSD to authenticate?

Yes, it is easy to configure sssd to authenticate both internally to the
AD LDAP and on a user login level via Kerberos. sssd ships with a full
set of PAM modules Many distros set the latter up automatically when you
install sssd. When or after you join the domain, samba can also set up a
suitable keytab for sssd to use for the former.
HTH,
Steve