[Samba] FW: Samba4 and A-record file shares

Josh Bishir jbishir at bradfordscott.com
Wed Jul 9 09:03:21 MDT 2014

Hello,

I am new to Samba4 and have installed the latest package 4.1.9 and have it working at 192.168.2.121. I am able to join PC's Win7 and Server 2012R2. I am able to browse to the hostname (\\test) and the IP (\\192.168.2.121) of the Samba4 server with access.

I have downloaded the Remote server tools and am able to manage AD and DNS. All seems to be working except for accessing files shares via A-records. I have created a couple A-records  (stec - 192.168.2.121) and (sharetec - 192.168.2.121). I am able to browse to \\stec and \\sharetec, but I am not able to access the folders/files there including the sysvol and netlogon directories. I have googled and cant seem to find anyone with similar posts. Is there any info on A-records and samba4 shares? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Josh Bishir
Credit Union Hardware Engineer
jbishir at bradfordscott.com
260-625-5107