[Samba] Windows Folder Redirection & Samba 3.6

Nick Couchman nick.couchman at seakr.com
Sat Jul 5 21:29:29 MDT 2014

> Have you found a reliable working solution for your folder
> redirection
> with Samba 3.6.6 PDC for Windows 7 clients.
>
> I'm also searching for a solution for APPDATA and roaming folders
> like
> itunes getting stored in the profile causing heavy loads during
> start-up
> and shutdown of the clients.
>
> Has anyone a step-by-step how-to to implement this?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jelle de Jong

Jelle,
First, I was never using Samba as a PDC, only trying to store redirected files/folders from the Windows profile on it.  I can't say I found a truly reliable way to do this - I was able to get it to work, but I had to use robocopy to copy files/folders from the Windows profile initially, then I could do the redirection once things were synced over.  This seemed to work, but we have yet to put anything like it into production.

Regards,
Nick