[Samba] Manage unix users from AD

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Jan 28 10:56:55 MST 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 05:58:08PM +0100, steve wrote:

> All I can do is reiterate that in all our 8 months of production with s
> Samba4 domain, we have NEVER used winbind. The only place where we have
> no choice of it running is on the DC, where it does not work properly
> for rfc2307. There we ignore it and use sssd instead. So yes, I really
> do believe that there is a '...chance not to [use winbind]'.

If you keep turning this into a winbind vs sssd contest
I will request you be removed from the list. You're not
promoting civilized discussions here.

That means *everyone* hiding behind the 'steve' alias will
be inconvenienced, so I hope you don't push me into doing
this. To others masquarading as 'steve' - please control
this user or we will have to do it for you.

Jeremy.