[Samba] samba4 and sssd and user mapping

Denis Cardon denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Mon Jan 20 03:25:35 MST 2014

Hi everyone,

on a server running samba4 with sssd for nsswitch mapping, I realized
recently that on windows workstation in the "folder propery/security
tab", users are mapped as "Unix user\userlogin" instead of
"DOMAINNAME\userlogin".

I guess this is due to the fact that sssd mapping with getent passwd
gives me user name without domain name (eg. userlogin), and in the
samba4 smb.conf I don't know how to specify to use default domain, so it
probably maps users to DOMAINNAME\userlogin.

Looking at sssd doc, I didn't find how to add domain name in sssd.conf,
and in smb.conf, the only related command is "winbind use default
domain", and I'd like to use sssd instead of winbind.

So I'd like to ask if there is a "use default domain" command for
smb.conf without winbind?

Cheers,

Denis

--