[Samba] Join Windows machines to a Samba3 domain

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 17 03:21:01 MST 2014

On 17/01/14 10:12, Lea Massiot wrote:
> Thank you for you answers.
>
> /Rowland Penny-5 wrote> You didn't actually post any information/
>
> Oh my, I did.
>
> - The OS is "Debian GNU/Linux 7.3 (wheezy)".
> - The DHCP server is "isc-dhcpd-4.2.2".
> - The DNS server is "BIND 9.8.4-rpz2+r1005.12-P1".
> - The Samba server version is "3.6.6".

Oh no you didn't

I asked for copies of your smb.confs etc to try and see what you where
doing, what you did and what you are trying now. Without these, I may
try getting my crystal ball out, but I don't think it is going to work.

> /Rowland Penny-5 wrote> I am not saying that you cannot revert what you have
> done
> Thomas Simmons wrote> You can't upgrade to an Active Directory domain and go
> back to an NT4-style domain./
>
> Well, it's really hard for me to understand the current situation in my
> LAN...
>
> /Thomas Simmons wrote> I think your best bet is to get Samba4 working.
> Michael Brown wrote> I'm getting all the fiddly bits in place today/
>
> Yes, well, sometimes it takes days or weeks to put all these fiddly bits in
> place.
>
> I have no LDAP server.
> Have you found a tutorial that could help?

You where running a PDC on smbpasswd, just how many users do you have?

Rowland