[Samba] Cross Compiling 4.1.0 issue

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jan 14 06:41:13 MST 2014

On Wed, 2014-01-08 at 20:35 +0000, Tompkins, Michael wrote:
> When I cross compile 4.1.0, I get:
>
> cc1: warning: include location "/usr/local/include" is unsafe for cross-compilation
>
> Where to I disable this so it does not use any default linux directories. It should only be searching within our source control workspace.

Indeed it should.

Cross-compilation of Samba 4.1 is a challenge that some folks have
started to address, but hasn't yet had the consistent attention it
deserves.  We know it's an issue, but we really need someone to dig into
it properly, and then devise an autobuild test to ensure we don't break
it again.

As to this particular include, I suspect that one of the pkg-config
scripts or our detection of one of our dependencies such as ldap or
iconv has gone awry and is bringing in that path.

What do you have in /usr/local/include on your host system that it might
have found?  That would be a good clue to start with.

Andrew Bartlett