[Samba] DomainDnsZone Replication Shows 200,000 Objects

lp101 lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 11:30:55 MST 2014

     OK.  So things are not going as planned. Searched for deleted
records and it returned 391131 entries.  Changed tombstone attribute and
restarted Samba. Records are not being deleted and replication according
to showrepl has failed. This was in log.samba

[2014/01/10 12:21:48.842660,  0]
../source4/dns_server/dns_utils.c:282(dns_replace_records)
   Deleting record failed; 50
[2014/01/10 12:41:55.254616,  0]
../source4/dns_server/dns_utils.c:282(dns_replace_records)
   Deleting record failed; 50
[2014/01/10 12:42:02.278754,  0]
../source4/dns_server/dns_utils.c:282(dns_replace_records)
   Deleting record failed; 50
[2014/01/10 12:42:07.973631,  0]
../source4/dsdb/dns/dns_update.c:294(dnsupdate_nameupdate_done)
   ../source4/dsdb/dns/dns_update.c:294: Failed DNS update -
NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT
[2014/01/10 12:43:46.925354,  0]
../source4/rpc_server/common/forward.c:51(dcesrv_irpc_forward_callback)
   IRPC callback failed for DsExecuteKCC - NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT

     Now it appears replication is working because I can create users
and see them replicated on other DC's. If I switch to bind will this
delete these entries and allow me to join a new DC with the deleted
entries gone? As of now I'm unable to join any new DC's as the server
runs out of memory and exits to a command prompt at around 350,000
entries being replicated. I know see that updates are turned off.

schema_fsmo_init: we are master[yes] updates allowed[no]

Replication appears to fail when checking samba-tool with

rpc fault: WERR_EPT_S_CANT_PERFORM_OP

and I see this when using