[Samba] Samba 4 RPC hangs after a while

Holger Martiker holger at martiker.de
Fri Jan 10 03:22:10 MST 2014

Hello all,

this is my first Post in a Mailing List I hope everything goes fine.

We are running a Samba 4 DC (4.0.14, Version 4.1.4 has the same problem) as a second DC in our Windows Environment. This server is in a second site.

So after a while Samba 4 hangs and it is not possible to talk to the server via the RPC Protocol. So all samba-tools Commands like “samba-tool drs showrepl” run in a timeout. (NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT)

The access to the shares is still possible.

Now, when I try to stop the daemon the processes don’t stop. I have to kill them with KILL signal. After restarting everything works fine until it crashs again.

Do you have a clue what it can be?

Which logs do you need? Should I activate some type of debug log?

Best regards,

Holger