[Samba] Samba 4.1.3 and MS-CLIENT 3

Uwe Nass unass at astro.uni-bonn.de
Thu Jan 2 05:32:55 MST 2014

Hi all,

  I have the following problem: I installed Samba 4.1.3
on my Linux computer. I tested everything via smbclient
and it works. If I connect my MS-DOS Client 3 to this
server strange things happens. Using

        net use h: \\<sambaserver>\<username>

I get the correct (?) answer

        H: connected to \\<sambaserver>\<username>

But using "H: dir" I get the first line of this directory
and it is displayed continually. I can stop this, of course,
by ^C. Trying to copy a file from dos to H: gives

        Access denied (?) (German: "Zugriff verweigert")

what's wrong? My smb.conf file (without the printing stuff) is:

[global]
         workgroup = ASTRO
#      interfaces = 127.0.0.1
         lanman auth = Yes
         security = user
         passdb backend = tdbsam
         printing = cups
         printcap name = cups
         printcap cache time = 750
         cups options = raw
         map to guest = Bad User
#      include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf
         logon path = \\%L\profiles\.msprofile
         logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile
         logon drive = P:
         usershare allow guests = No
         wins server =
         wins support = No
[homes]
         comment = Home Directories
         path = /home
         valid users = %S, %D%w%S
         browseable = No
         read only = No
         inherit acls = Yes
         veto files = /aquota.user/groups/shares/
         create mask = 0640
         directory mask = 0750
[profiles]
         comment = Network Profiles Service
         path = %H
         read only = No
         store dos attributes = Yes
         create mask = 0600
         directory mask = 0700
[users]
         comment = All users
         path = /home
         read only = No
         inherit acls = Yes
         veto files = /aquota.user/groups/shares/
[groups]
         comment = All groups
         path = /home/groups
         read only = No