[Samba] renaming default first site or moving a server to a different site problem

Damien Dye damien.dye at sondrel.com
Thu Feb 27 11:08:34 MST 2014

I have same issue
I can create sites but not move DC's into them.

setting up sites first then adding DC seams to go into the correct site but
then not replicate :-(

DC's in the main default site seam so work ok but some clients run off to
the DC at the other site of a VPN link so need to find a final practical
solution to this.

if coding is needed then temp solution might be to join a windows DC on 180
trial to fix it then replicate back to samba but would rather not do that.

--

Damien Dye
 IT Manager

Tel: +44(0)118 9838 550
www.sondrel.com

 [image: Sondrel] <http://www.sondrel.com/>

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, you should destroy the e-mail
message and any attachments, and inform us of the erroneous delivery by
return e-mail. You are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing
or using any information contained herein. Internet communications cannot
be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. Sondrel Ltd and
the sender do not accept liability for any errors or omissions, nor do we
accept liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of
any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that
information is consequently confirmed in writing under the personal
signature of a duly authorised officer of Sondrel Ltd.

This email is sent on behalf of Sondrel Ltd registered in England with
number 4491953, registered office Sondrel House, Theale Lakes Business
Park, Moulden Way, Sulhamstead, Berkshire, RG7 4GB, UK.

On 27 February 2014 17:51, Denis Cardon <denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr