[Samba] GPO's in OU's not working

Joe Maloney jmaloney at pcbsd.org
Wed Feb 26 20:57:54 MST 2014

I've been noticing that group policies in OU's haven't been working for me.
 So far I've installed samba 4.1.4 on a fresh install of FreeBSD 10.0 with
UFS + acls turned on with the only shares being sysvol, and netlogon.

I can get Windows 7 machines to take policies that are in the root of my
domain.  If I create an OU move a computer or user to that OU and move the
policy to that OU running gpupdate /force acts like there is no policy to
apply.  Is this a known issue?  I'm willing try try another host OS or git
version of samba for further testing if needed to rule out FreeBSD.  Does
anyone have any recommendations for this?

Joe Maloney