[Samba] Unable to Join Samba server to AD windows server 2008 R2

Denis Cardon denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Thu Feb 20 04:40:58 MST 2014

Hi Murthy,

> We are facing some issue While joining samba server to AD
>
> We have ClearCase VOB server on AIX 5.3 with TL 12  and SAMBA version 3.5.0  installed on Aix server. The AD server is Windows 2008 R2. We are unable to  Join  Samba server to AD .
>
> Command: net ads join createcomputer=<OU> -U <username>
>
> Please find the details smb.conf. Please  advice on resolving  this issue is highly appreciated.

You didn't provide your krb5.conf file. Does "kinit anyusername " works
on command line? Is winbind running? does wbinfo -t or wbinfo -u runs
fine? If those don't work properly yet, smbclient won't work anyway. You
should check also your resolv.conf so that search domain and nameserver
points properly to your MS AD server.

Cheers,

--
Denis Cardon