[Samba] Keeping shares when upgrading to Samba 4

Chan Min Wai dcmwai at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 00:44:15 MST 2014

Hi Derek,

I believes it had no relation on the files metadata as it is stored on the files system.

Unless you are moving it to a new server.

Also according to AD DC best practices.
You should have an AD DC server (user auth and GPO only)and also an AD Member Which do the files sharing.

But if you are not using AD DC.

Than it wouldn't need any change.

Regards,
Chan Min Wai