[Samba] smbclient broken after update

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 15 02:19:39 MST 2014

On 14/02/14 22:56, Peter Serbe wrote:

> [snip]
>> Why is it trying to create messages.tdb in /var/run/samba ? My
>> understanding is that you compiled samba4 yourself, in which case it
>> should be in  /usr/local/samba/var/lock/
> Well, hmm, yes ... strange things happen on my server.
>
>> Whoa, hang on, never mind the above, why is the smb.conf the smb.conf
>> that you had on the samba4 server????
>>
>> Is the above join being run on the server or the client, if the later,
>> then you have a real problem and it may be easier to start again, if it
>> is the former, well you do not join an AD DC server to itself, that is
>> done automatically at provision time.
> It was run on the server. For the time being I don't have a Linux client.
> It looks like I have to start over.
Sorry, I thought that you were trying to connect a client to your
server. I would suggest, if you only want the one AD DC, that you start
again, this time use the 4.1.4 tarball, dont use nslcd etc, use sssd
instead and setup the winbind links as per the samba wiki, in fact
everything you need to know is on the wiki.

Rowland