[Samba] setting the local administrator password on a samba4 member server connected to windows AD DC

Marcathian Alexander marcathian at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 18:37:50 MST 2014

Hello,
I am the admin for an OU within domain.  My admin privileges are limited to
machines within the OU.
I attempting to setup a samba file server within my OU.  I followed the
guide at:  http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/Domain_Member

when I try to execute # net rpc rights grant 'SAMDOM\Domain Admins'
SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -Uadministrator
I need the administrator password.

1)Is there a default password for the local samba admin?
2) Or do I have to set one and how do I set it?

Thanks for your guidance.

May Yahweh bless you and keep you.
May Yahweh let his face shine on you and be gracious to you.
May Yahweh show you his face and bring you peace.
(New Jerusalem Bible Numbers 6:24-26)

Marcathian Alexander

email: marcathian at gmail.com
Home: 453-3632 / 453-3454