[Samba] windows 7 clients vs AD samba share NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Benjamin Budts ben at zentrix.be
Thu Feb 13 08:25:28 MST 2014

Hi,

I have a linux redhat 6.5 with samba 3.6.9, I increased log level to 2

I can access and create files on a share that has AD group permissions from
win2003 servers but it's not working with the same user for windows 7
clients.

This is what I see in my logfiles /var/log/samba/log.[machine_name] for win
7 clients :

Check_ntlm_password: Authentication for user [TEST] -> [TEST] FAILED with
error NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

For win2003 I see in the logfile :

Check_ntlm_password: authentication for user [test] -> [test] ->
[INTRANET\test] succeeded

A wbinfo -n on test & wbinfo -S on the sid works perfectly fine

It's seems that for win7 clients he is forgetting the INTRANET\ in front of
the user ? I also see the user coming in in capital letters on win7

Some help would be great

Thx !