[Samba] Samba4 as Backup DC, DNS problems

Lucas Burdick lucas at progressive-sealing.com
Fri Feb 7 09:47:53 MST 2014

It's pretty much explained in the very first message and then the following message with the Dropbox link shows an image of the problem.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8695855/screenshot.jpg

I can't use the Active Directory DNS snap-in to view my zones on the Samba4 DC.    I don't know if those KCC errors are related but I suspect they are.

Everything else seems to work fine on the server. I can use it to resolve hostnames (local and remote) but I have some hostnames that are delegated to different nameservers which are not being replicated to the Samba4 DC.

I don't know what you're asking about the binary package.