[Samba] sysvol replication via clustered/distributed file system

Michael Brown michael at netdirect.ca
Wed Feb 5 09:12:00 MST 2014

On 14-02-05 02:46 AM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-02-04 at 22:29 -0500, Michael Brown wrote:
>> ‎Seconded. What I've done on the admittedly small setups so far (not the 1400 RODC deployment) is configure the active DFS owner as read-write and rsync over to the other DCs. And the other DCs have the sysvol share configured read-only.
>>
>> DFS takes care of directing clients to the RW server should they need to write.
>>
>> It's worked well so far, there's obviously not a lot of change in the share so a bit of manual intervention when ‎you need to write is acceptable.
>>
>> M.
> If you have not done so already, could you could document in the wiki
> how that all works, particularly setting the DFS owner?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Sure, I'm writing up internal notes for the moment and I'll export those
to the samba4 wiki at some point.

Not sure how to do it from Linux, but from Windows, go into Properties
of the \\realm\netlogon share and select the DFS tab:

http://i.imgur.com/un7r4Fq.png

and you can manage it from there.

M.

--
Michael Brown               | `One of the main causes of the fall of
Systems Consultant          | the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero,