[Samba] sites and subnets

David Bear dwbear75 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 14:20:04 MST 2014

On 12/30/2014 10:55 AM, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> Am 30.12.2014 um 00:26 schrieb David Bear:
>> The big question is could the sites and services tool have triggered some
>> bug in samba ? So much time has elapse I don't see that it is possible to
>>
>> I'm just wondering if there are any known issues with sites and services --
>> or possible issues that could have arisen because of this tool .
> I can't confirm any problems. I introduced a second site at work around
> 4.1.12 and haven't seen any problems yet. Can you update all DCs to the
> latest version?
>
> Here's the documentation, that works here:
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Active_Directory_Sites
Okay -- thanks for this pointer.

One more question -- using sites and services, if you rename
'default-first-site' to something else, are the results bad?

I think we did rename it to our our location name -- which generated an
error AFTER trying to join another machine to the AD. After renaming it
back to default-first-site, we were able to join machines normally.

I'm not sure what happens deep down with these commands.

--
David Bear
602-903-6476