[Samba] Use Samba with ACL for read Active Directory and set Permissions via it.

Jason Long hack3rcon at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 28 01:47:56 MST 2014

I never used four different Workgroup or Domain. My domain is "jasondomain" and as you see my last "smb.conf" it is. I change "MYGROUP" to "jasondomain" but problem not solved.

     On Saturday, December 27, 2014 7:02 AM, Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com> wrote:

 On 27/12/14 14:18, Jason Long wrote:
> Thank you so much.
> I changed my "smb.conf" and "password-auth-ac". I attached two file
> for you and you can see them. My problem not solved :( and login
> windows showed and not accept my username and password, I attached it too.
>  I paste my "fstab" file here and as you see the "acl" is enabled for
> "root" :
>
> #
> # /etc/fstab
> # Created by anaconda on Wed Dec 24 10:02:57 2014
> #
> # Accessible filesystems, by reference, are maintained under '/dev/disk'
> # See man pages fstab(5), findfs(8), mount(8) and/or blkid(8) for more
> info
> #
> /dev/mapper/vg_print-lv_root / ext4    acl,defaults        1 1
> UUID=9ad25e0f-4f1a-4c6a-a419-98a016fcc30d /boot            ext4
>  defaults        1 2
> /dev/mapper/vg_print-lv_swap swap  swap    defaults        0 0
> tmpfs                  /dev/shm                tmpfs  defaults
>  0 0
> devpts                  /dev/pts  devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
> sysfs                  /sys                    sysfs  defaults
>  0 0
> proc                    /proc                  proc    defaults
>  0 0
>
> I paste "getfacl" for test directory here :
>
> getfacl test/
> # file: test/
> # owner: jasondomain\134jason
> # group: jasondomain\134grp-jason-rw
> user::rwx
> group::r-x
> group:jasondomain\134grp-jason-rw:rwx
> mask::rwx
> other::r-x
>
> After change "password-auth-ac", When I want to restart "winbind"
> server it show me an error as below :
>
> #service smb restart
> Shutting down SMB services:                    [  OK  ]
> Starting SMB services:                          [  OK  ]
> # service winbind restart
> Shutting down Winbind services:              [FAILED]
> Starting Winbind services:                    [  OK  ]
>

> In your opinion what is the problem?
>

> On Saturday, December 27, 2014 4:12 AM, Rowland Penny
> <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com> wrote:
>

> On 27/12/14 11:55, Jason Long wrote:
>> You right. I joined my Linux box into Windows domain.
>> Of course. I attached my "smb.conf". Can you see it?
>>

>> On Saturday, December 27, 2014 3:36 AM, Rowland Penny
>> <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com> <mailto:rowlandpenny at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 27/12/14 06:44, Jason Long wrote:
>>
>> > Thank you so much.
>> > No, I'm not. I joined my linux to Windows domain because of AD. I
>> can define some users in my Linux and Windows clients use it to open
>> share and ... but my problem is that I have a lot of users and groups
>> and Redefine all of them in Linux is a little silly :(. I joined my
>> Linux to Windows domain because of use AD users and groups.

> [...]

Hi, you seem to be using **four**, yes four different workgroup (also
known as domain) names:
In smb.conf: MYGROUP & SAMDOM
When trying to login: jasondomain & WORKGROUP

They all need to be the same, you also need to add uidNumber's to your
users and a gidNumber to at least 'Domain Users'

Rowland