[Samba] Hide unreadeable directory

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Dec 1 11:57:14 MST 2014

On Mon, Dec 01, 2014 at 02:04:58PM +0000, Tassel David wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using samba 3.6.6
>
> I would like to use the option "hide unreadable = yes" but only for directories because the actual option slow down the access to directories with a large number of files and I don't need to hide these files.
>
> Is it possible and how can I do this ? And, will it improve directory access ?

The code doesn't currently do this.

You'd need to add a new option "hide unreadable directory"
and add another clause into the code in is_visible_file()
that checks S_ISDIR before calling into the can_read
code.

It's not hard, but I need convincing this is a valuable
option. Can you code it up and check if it's worth it
performance wise ?