[Samba] samba4 internal dns Server ddns for the reverse lookup Zone

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sun Aug 24 14:32:52 MDT 2014

On Sun, 2014-08-24 at 21:25 +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 24/08/14 21:20, steve wrote:

> >> The user shouldn't be in /etc/passwd, you should only have local users
> >> in there. If you are running a S4 AD DC, you do not need any local users
> >> over and above the ones the install creates, or if a package creates a user.
> >>
> >> Over on the wiki, on this page:
> >> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_AD_Member_Server#Installing_Samba
> >>
> >> You will find this:
> >>
> >> Make domain users/groups available locally through Winbind
> >>
> >> To have your domain users and groups available locally on your Member
> >> Server, you need to place two links in your /lib64 folder:
> >>
> >> # ln -s /usr/local/samba/lib/libnss_winbind.so /lib64
> >> # ln -s /lib64/libnss_winbind.so /lib64/libnss_winbind.so.2
> >> # ldconfig
> >>
> >> If you are running a 32-bit system ("uname -i" will return "i686"), you
> >> have to use /lib instead!
> >>
> >> The final step of the configuration is to add 'winbind' to the 'passwd'
> >> and 'group' entry of your /etc/nsswitch.conf:
> >>
> >> passwd: compat winbind
> >> group:  compat winbind
> >>
> > But the OP is not using winbind. He's using sssd with dyndns updates
> > disabled, so that should read:
> > passwd: files sss
> > group : files sss
> >
> > Has he started sssd?
> >
> Ah yes, I forgot that, but whichever he uses, getent needs to show
> 'dhcpduser' and it isn't. He needs to check if sssd is running and he
> has the correct lines in nsswitch.conf OR do the winbind setup I posted.

Hi
We were going on the plan from a few posts back:

>>> 1. Create the GPO from van Belle below
>>> 2. Set dyndns_update = false in the sssd.conf
>>> 3. check the correct permissions of dhcp sh script
>>> 4. Restart named, sssd, samba4, dhcpd
>>> 5. Restart client1 and analyse the /var/log/message protocoll

May we add to that, clear the sssd cache:
rm /var/lib/sss/db/*
and restart sssd