[Samba] Best distro to use samba AD DC

Stuart Naylor stuartiannaylor at thursbygarden.org
Fri Aug 15 18:27:12 MDT 2014

I like ArchLinux as the documentation is just really good to get you up and running.

Its this guy called Tobias Powalowski who does a great job.

I suggest having a look for the documentation and then move to the distro of choice.

The packages are really up to date. Build Date:	2014-08-01 18:12 UTC

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Samba_4_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Active_Directory_Integration

http://backports.debian.org/Instructions/

You need to remember while installing backports you need to use apt-get -t squeeze-backports install "package" or you will pull in the standard package.

Stuart