[Samba] Member server guide broken

Ryan Ashley ryana at reachtechfp.com
Thu Aug 14 18:03:49 MDT 2014

I have been doing this for a while, and I can now say with certainty
that the Samba guide for adding a member server is broken as far as PAM
setup is concerned. When I follow the guide to the T, I can no longer
SSH into the box or even login on the local console. SSH gives me a
successful login, but instead of the MOTD, I get "[host IP] closed the
connection". As soon as I comment out the changes the guide tells me to
make, I can login again.

Note: This is a Debian Wheezy 7.6 64bit system!