[Samba] Samba 4 AD share: Access denied

Ryan Ashley ryana at reachtechfp.com
Sat Aug 9 15:41:41 MDT 2014

Alright, I am calling it quits for the day unless somebody knows what I
have screwed up here. If I do "getent passwd" it shows all local and
domain users, and the domain users have the wrong ID's. If I do "getent
passwd <domain user>" I get absolutely nothing. Obviously I have done
something wrong here, but I have no clue what. This behavior started
after modifying the configuration file though. The modifications Rowland
showed me in his. That tells me that maybe it is trying to do something
right and cannot. I have one last idea of my own, then I will be
installing the backports version Monday on a clean VM.