[Samba] Howto create roaming profiles using samba4 commands only?

Oliver Rath rath at mglug.de
Fri Aug 8 09:46:28 MDT 2014

Hi Steve!

On 08.08.2014 17:34, steve wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-08-08 at 16:58 +0200, Oliver Rath wrote:
>> On 08.08.2014 16:47, steve wrote:
>>> [..]
>>> add winbind to both passwd and group
>>> Now try getent again
>> Here the results:
>>
>> root at sambaaid:/var/lib/samba# useradd winbind
>> root at sambaaid:/var/lib/samba# groupadd winbind
>> groupadd: Gruppe »winbind« existiert bereits.
>> root at sambaaid:/var/lib/samba# getent group Domain\ Users
>> root at sambaaid:/var/lib/samba# getent passwd cn01
>> root at sambaaid:/var/lib/samba#
> Oh dear, no. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Please edit /etc/nsswitch.conf so
> that the passwd and group lines look like this:
> passwd: compat winbind
> group: compat winbind
>
> remove the user:
> userdel winbind

Ok, sry. I corrected this. I deleted the user. "nscd" was not running.

> Then try again with the getent commands.
> If you have nscd running, kill it.

same result:

root at sambaaid:~# userdel winbind
root at sambaaid:~# killall nscd
nscd: Kein Prozess gefunden
root at sambaaid:~# getent passwd cn01
root at sambaaid:~# getent group Domain\ Users
root at sambaaid:~# cat /etc/nsswitch.conf
# /etc/nsswitch.conf
#
# Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality.
# If you have the `glibc-doc-reference' and `info' packages installed, try:
# `info libc "Name Service Switch"' for information about this file.

passwd:         compat winbind
group:          compat winbind
shadow:         compat

hosts:          files dns