[Samba] Add Windows 2012R2 as domain member from a routed net - NT4 style

Márcio Merlone marcio.merlone at a1.ind.br
Mon Apr 28 13:18:02 MDT 2014

Hi all,

I have a Samba server 3.4.7~dfsg-1ubuntu3.13 with a NT4 style domain PDC
on a 10.0.0.0/24 network running also as wins server. On a remote
network 192.168.0.0/24 I have a Windows 2012R2 server set to use my
samba server as wins. That server can browse and access shares on PDC
with a domain user, but could not be added as a member server.

Aside the registry changes also needed for Windows 7 and obvious host
alow confs, is there anything else I should do?

Thanks in advance, best regards.

--
*Marcio Merlone*