[Samba] Samba documentation team

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 05:32:51 MDT 2014

>> I only can confirm with using windows 8.1 and on and with any update MS is
>> rolling out for Windows 7 there is a lot of trouble working with the old
>> style domain as admin.

I have not seen any problems at all with windows8.1 on my samba NT4
domain. Hopefully Microsoft does not kill that in the future since
company policy prevents me from ever going to an AD domain. I can not
have my linux servers connected to the company network - they sit on a
completely separate private network not connected to the Internet or
company in any way with separate network switches and all PCs are have
2 nics so the DNS requirement of AD is not possible or at least not
easy.

John