[Samba] Domain Admins and SeDiskOperatorPrivilege

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 3 05:12:11 MDT 2014

On 03/04/14 12:01, Stéphane PURNELLE wrote:
> I know that the "Administrator" from DC is not a Administrator in member
> server.
>
> For resolve that, there are a workaround.
>
> This workaround is to use a user_map parameter in smb.conf :
>
> username map = path_to_filemap
>
> And the filemap must contain in your case :
>
> !root = HOME\Administrator HOME\administrator
>
> My config use this workaround and it's work
>
> have a nice day
>

> -----------------------------------
> Stéphane PURNELLE                         Admin. Systèmes et Réseaux
> Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 (0)87/342467
>

> De :    Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com>
> A :     sambalist <samba at lists.samba.org>,
> Date :  03/04/2014 12:49
> Objet : [Samba] Domain Admins and SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
> Envoyé par :    samba-bounces at lists.samba.org
>

> I am having trouble giving the Domain Admin group the
> 'SeDiskOperatorPrivilege' privilege on a member server.
>
> Running 'net rpc rights list accounts -UAdministrator'
>
> Results in this:
>
> Enter Administrator's password:
> BUILTIN\Print Operators
> No privileges assigned
>
> BUILTIN\Account Operators
> No privileges assigned
>
> BUILTIN\Backup Operators
> No privileges assigned
>
> BUILTIN\Server Operators
> No privileges assigned
>
> BUILTIN\Administrators
> SeMachineAccountPrivilege
> SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege
> SeBackupPrivilege
> SeRestorePrivilege
> SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege
> SePrintOperatorPrivilege
> SeAddUsersPrivilege
> SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
> SeSecurityPrivilege
> SeSystemtimePrivilege
> SeShutdownPrivilege
> SeDebugPrivilege
> SeSystemEnvironmentPrivilege
> SeSystemProfilePrivilege
> SeProfileSingleProcessPrivilege
> SeIncreaseBasePriorityPrivilege
> SeLoadDriverPrivilege
> SeCreatePagefilePrivilege
> SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege
> SeChangeNotifyPrivilege
> SeUndockPrivilege
> SeManageVolumePrivilege
> SeImpersonatePrivilege
> SeCreateGlobalPrivilege
> SeEnableDelegationPrivilege
>
> Everyone
> No privileges assigned
>
> But, running 'net rpc rights grant HOME\\Domain\ Admins
> SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -UAdministrator'
>
> Results in:
>
> Failed to grant privileges for HOME\Domain Admins
> (NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED)
>
> If I bump up debugging, 'net rpc rights grant HOME\\Domain\ Admins
> SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -UAdministrator -d3'
>
> Results in:
>
> lp_load_ex: refreshing parameters
> Initialising global parameters
> rlimit_max: increasing rlimit_max (1024) to minimum Windows limit (16384)
> [...]
Stephane,
I bow down to superior knowledge, you are a genius, I did have
/etc/samba/smbusers, this contained: 'root = Administrator' and this did
not work, changed it for the line you supplied and 'Yahoo!!' it works.

Thank you very very much

Rowland

PS could the documentation team please add this to the wiki.

Rowland